Talk with Marcus Behrens about IoT
Marcus and me joined the IoT-TechDay in Frankfurt end of June. The IoT-TechDay was a one day conference organized by WindRiver, Intel, SalesForce, SAP, Accenture and Microsoft. The intention of meeting was “Moving from talk to transformation” creating business opportunities around IoT.
Marcus is a wholehearted engineer and Product Design Director at SAP in Walldorf, Germany. He’s responsible for evaluating the potential of IoT and finding product ideas and opportunities for SAP. On the other side he was and is an engaged engineer within Embedded Systems. This combination made me curious and we have had a good talk already at the IoT-TechDay and later on by mail. Our opinions about IoT and it’s potential, risks and challenges are not always the same. But that makes this talk even more exciting. Enjoy the episode.
We’re talking about:
- Our experiences and impression of the IoT-TechDay
- What IoT really means for us
- Chances and opportunities of IoT
- The technical challenges of IoT
- Potential security problems and legal restrictions
- Outlook on IoT
- Kevin Ashton’s RFID-article first time describing the term Internet of Things
- Marcus Behrens’ illuminating by mirror on opposite side of valley project
- Internet of Things Technology Forum: Moving from Talk to Transformation (Keynote session materials)