Today I wanted to talk about deadline pressure. Everybody of us might have some experience with these special working conditions. There’s a deadline – and you have to achieve it.
In this episode I will the first time take some parts out of one of my favourite books. The first book I ever bought about “Software Engineering”. Written by Tom Gilb in 1988. It’s not named Agile or Lean, but the idea is the same. He named it “Evolutionary Delivery”. And there’s one chapter inside about Deadline Pressure.
I want to use this episode to present you some really interestic principles and ideas how to beat deadline pressure.
Some of you might be complaining that they are not ethical or not following your personal policies. No problem, then simply take them as aphorisms you can use to bias your thinking. Especially when you undergo deadline pressure you will grab for every straw and perhaps you will be very thankful remember that there was this episode. If it gives you an escape – sometimes the End justifies the Means.
Stay tuned and be inspired.
Essential Answers Provided In This Episode For:
- What’s the problem with deadline pressure?
- Who’s involved into deadline pressure?
- How’s the project manager’s manager affected?
- How’s the project manager affected?
- How’s the project professional affected?
- How’s the customer or user affected?
- What are the solutions to beat deadline pressure?
- And much much more.