Since two weeks the Volkswagen scandal is swapping through the newspapers and the TV. Lots of details are already known, but tons of information are still unveiled. Step by step the responsibles are giving some light into the darkness of this threatening affair. An issue which might have the power for an earthquake in the German car-manufacturing industry.
In this episode I am talking about the technical details which triggered the current situation. I wanted to reflect the current problems without having any idea of solution. Considering the results which are day-by-day shown in the news we can conclude what might be going on behind the scenery.
BTW, I am sorry for any inconvenience with the audio of this episode. In the early versions I have not mono’fied the input, but you were bothered with the stereo version.
It currently looks like a big mess, however Volkswagen is a big and strong company and might dig its way out of its problems. However there are tons of issues, hundreds of technical challenges and millions or annoyed customers. I wanted to give you my perspective on to the situation – with all its actions, assumptions and believes.
Essential Know-How Provided In This Episode:
- What are the exhaustion problems with gasoline and Diesel engines?
- How were the defeating devices detected?
- What kind of task-forces will Volkswagen have raised?
- What might be the consequences out of this scandal?
- Do we have seen this kind of cheating before? Somewhere else?
- How has Volkswagen already reacted? Is that sufficient?
- Where do I see hypocrisy in all the yelling?
- What conclusions can we draw out of this finding?
- And much much more
Selected Links and Resources From This Episode
- This VW Diesel Scandal Is Much Worse Than a Recall
- Volkswagen’s appalling clean diesel scandal, explained
- How Many Deaths Did Volkswagen’s Deception Cause in the U.S.?
- The Diesel Dilemma