Tech Chat: Why you need requirements with Joachim Reinke – MES038
“We do not need specificiation because our product is its own specification!” You know such kind of statements? You suffer from such kind of attitudes? Then you’re exactly right in this tech-chat with Joachim Reinke.
Joachim is an elaborated specialist for such kind of hassle. He is an engineer who specialized in the area of Requirements Engineering. He’s a crack in this area of the development and production process. We both got acquainted at the systems camp 2016 in Berlin.
Requirements engineering refers to defining, documenting and maintaining requirements to the sub-fields of systems engineering and software engineering. But the major question is – why does it seem that neglected in real development life. We’re discussing a lot about these aspects. The benefits you get out of well done requirements engineering are tremendous.
But it’s also a quite long way to go. However also the longest way starts with the first step. In this episode we’re giving you the path to do the first steps and continue successfully.
Stay with me and enjoy the chat.
Essential Answers Provided In This Episode For:
- What does requirements engineering mean?
- When do you need it?
- Why is it essential to have also emotional demands for your product?
- What happens if you do not do requirements engineering?
- How do you define “high quality” for your product?
- Why pain is an essential part when looking for requirements?
- Does requirements engineering come across with agile methods?
- Why you will not start even smallest projects without specification?
- And much much more.
Selected Links and Resources From This Episode
- Reinke Requirements Engineering
- Joachim Reinke at LinkedIn
- Joachim Reinke on Twitter
- systems camp Berlin
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!