5 simple tweaks to use Mind-Maps for meeting minutes
Summer has arrived in Germany and this is the best time to talk about Mind-Maps. Wait a minute. What do these two events have in common? Right! Nothing! But I needed a connection – and that’s what Mind-Maps will do for you – connect things. In this episode I will concentrate on using Mind-Maps for taking meeting minutes.
Taking minutes can be some real awkward story. But using Mind-Maps it gets more natural, more fluent, and more precise. But, doing it that way, I detected during running consecutive task-force meetings, that the Mind-Map approach is not that stringent. It needed some tweaks to get its real harmony and fluency. And this episode is about the five major tricks I have found during the last months when using Mind-Maps for taking meeting minutes.
In the very first part of the episode I provide you a short survey about the available Mind-Mapping software. It’s of course not complete, however will give you a very first step into the topic. In the links-section below you’ll find all the mentioned applications and programs.
If you do not have time to listen to the episode, then at least take my tweaks to use Mind-Maps for meeting minutes with you:
- Tweak #1: Use an appropriate amount of branches
- Tweak #2: Highlight creatively
- Tweak #3: Reorganize your mind-map
- Tweak #4: Use sub mind-maps
- Tweak #5: Run garbage collection
For all the other ones, take your time and listen to more details and examples to enhance your usage of Mind-Maps.
Stay tuned and be inspired.
Essential Answers Provided In This Episode For:
- Why should you use Mind-Maps?
- What particular challenges do you run into with consecutive meetings?
- What is the right amount of main branches in a Mind-Map?
- How can you emphasize items in a Mind-Map?
- Which software does support creation of Mind-Maps?
- When should you do a garbage collection in your Mind-Map?
- Why Mind-Maps are the best way to collect information and facts?
- And much much more.
Selected Links and Resources From This Episode
- MindJet’s MindManager
- Additional Mind-Map tools on toolblog.de
- Meeting minutes template in Episode #16 of MES
- Meeting minutes template